On Friday March 27, I announced the Stage 4 lockdown of Wolston Correctional Centre on the advice of Queensland Health and the Chief Health Officer following an officer testing positive for COVID-19. This lockdown enabled Queensland Health time to do contract tracing on the officer,......
The COVID-19 response is a rapidly evolving environment, and in accordance with advice from Queensland Health and the Chief Health Officer, and with their support I will be further restricting access to Correctional Centres in Queensland. I have made the decision that the time has......
Queensland Corrective Services has received advice from Queensland Health that a custodial corrections officer from Wolston Correctional Centre has tested positive to COVID-19. Initial advice is that the officer had contact with officers and prisoners during a number of shifts over the weekend and Monday.......
Latest media releases
- Officer at Wolston Correctional Centre tests positive for COVID-19
- Pandemic: Visits to Queensland prisons cease
- Personal visits to adult prisons suspended Australia-wide
- Correctional Counsellor suspended
- Officers praised for quick thinking at Capricornia Correctional Centre